THE FUTURE DEPENDS ON YOU
A Call to Action for a Global Vision of a Positive FutureTM
Scope and Consent
- When you use the Site, you are contracting with The Future Depends on You(https://www.thefuturedependsonyou.com) located at 2339 Bywood Drive, Oakland, CA 94602.
Information We Collect
- Registration and Account Information: You can browse the Site without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information (e.g., name, email address, phone number, mobile telephone number, and/or physical contact information) about yourself. If you register for an account with us (including through third-party login credentials as described in 2 (c) below), you choose to give us your personal information and are not anonymous to us. When you register an account, create a profile, purchase products or services, or otherwise engage with our Site, you may provide personal information. You may also upload photographs for your account/profile. Personal information is only associated with your account/profile when you sign in as a registered user.
Technical Usage Information:
- When you visit our Site, we collect usage information sent to us by your computer, mobile, or other access devices that tell us how you are using the Site (“usage information”). We use tracking technologies (including cookies (including cookies stored in HTML–S), web beacons/GIFs,
embedded scripts, e-tags/cache browsers) to collect usage information.
- We may also collect password information from you when you log in, as well as computer and/ or connection information. During some visits, we may use software tools to measure and collect session information, including page response times, download errors, time spent on certain pages and page interaction information.
- Our goal is to collect and use only that information that we think is required for our legitimate business interests to better understand your interests and improve your experience of using the Site.
Uses and Retention
(a) Operate Our Site:
- We use the information collected to
- (i) respond to your requests (including career applications);
- (ii) provide customer service (e.g., to resolve disputes, problems with your account/profile or the Site);
- (iii) Personalize your experience by providing content on the Site, including targeted advertising
that we believe may be of most interest to you;
- (iv) improve the Site;
- (v) give you information about
your account; and
- (vi) provide you with a safe, efficient, and customize the experience.
(b) Analyze and Aggregate Non-Personal Information:
- We use aggregate information about our users and non-personal information to analyze Site and user behavior and prepare aggregated reports.
(c) Prevent Fraud:
(d) Communicate With You:
- We use your information to contact you to maintain the Site, your account, your Application Account, to comply with your stated communication preferences, to provide other services
requested by you, as described at the time when we collect the information from you, to send you marketing communications, or contact you for other purposes authorized by law.
- We retain information for as long as it is necessary and relevant for our operations. You consent to our retention of your video viewing tracking data for as long as permissible under applicable law up to one year after you close your account or otherwise withdraw consent for video tracking.
- Information collected on the Site by The Future Depends on You(https://www.thefuturedependsonyou.com) is not shared with third parties, sold or traded.
Information You Share on the Site
Cookies and Tracking Technologies
A few additional important things you should know about our use of tracking technologies (e.g., cookies, HTML-5 stored technologies):
- We offer certain features that are available only by using tracking technologies.
- We use both session and persistent tracking technologies. Tracking technologies (e.g., cookies) can either be persistent (i.e., they remain on your computer until you delete them) or temporary (i.e., they last only until you close your browser). You are always free to decline tracking technologies is your browser permits, although doing so may interfere with your use of the Site. Refer to the help section of your browser, browser extensions, or installed applications for instructions on blocking, deleting, or disabling tracking technologies such as cookies.
- With your prior consent as obtained through your use of this Site.
- We encode and protect the tracking technologies that The Future Depends on You(https://www.thefuturedependsonyou.com) so that only we can interpret the information stored in them.
- We may target and track the videos you view on the Site. You consent to our tracking of your video viewing through the Site or third-party social media for up to two (2) years or as permitted by applicable law or until consent is withdrawn.
Accessing, Reviewing, and Changing Your Personal Information
- Our Site may contain links to other third-party websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these third-party sites.
- We store and process your information on our servers located in the United States. We maintain technical, physical, and administrative security measures to protect the security of your personal information against loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, or alteration. Some of the safeguards we use are firewalls, data encryption, physical access controls to our data centers and information access authorization controls. It is your responsibility to make sure that your personal information‘ is accurate and that your password(s) and account registration information are secure and not shared with third–parties.
- The Site is a general audience site and it is not intended for children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information via our websites, applications, services, or tools from users in this age group.
Notification Regarding Updates
- If your questions are not answered online, you may contact us by mail to The Future Depends on You, 2339 Bywood Drive, Oakland, CA 94602.